Monday, August 12, 2024

His death / my life

Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” And having said this he breathed his last.
Luke 23:46

This is the most important event in world history. It is what accomplished the salvation of sinners. Jesus gave His life for us in willing submission to the Father’s will. He died for our sins, taking the death that we deserve, so we could have the life that He now lives to forever give to us. And as Jesus entrusted His spirit to the Father, the satisfactory sacrifice made atonement for all sin. Nothing in world history will eclipse this.

I am a sinner whose life was redeemed by Jesus’ last exhale. This truth is also the most important part of my life. It is my life. My achievements, my service, my life only have meaning because Christ has saved me! I live for this gospel! And one day, should Jesus tarry His return, I will die headed straight to the Father in glory just as Jesus did because Jesus gave Himself in this way!

I’ll live for Him Who died for me
How happy then my life shall be!
I’ll live for Him Who died for me
My Savior and my God!

My life my love I give to Thee
O Lamb of God Who died for me
O May I ever faithful be
My Savior and my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment