Wednesday, August 14, 2024

He sees the blood.


The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt.
Exodus 12:13

The blood of the sacrificial lamb protected the lives of those inside the homes of the children of Israel the night of that first Passover in Egypt. Their lives were protected from loss by the death of an innocent lamb. The Lord saw the sacrifice and spared them. He saw the blood and knew they trusted Him.

“…Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed.” (1 Corinthians 5:7) Because Jesus shed His blood for us, we too can be spared because God sees the blood. It is only by the death and resurrection of Christ that hope beyond death rises up from my heart as faith in Christ carries my soul into eternity. It is not easy to remember that it took this much to save me. But every time I take part in the Lord’s Table with my fellow believers in the Body of Christ I am reminded of what it took to save me. Nothing short of the blood of Christ could cover me. God sees the blood.

Lord God,
I am before You as a redeemed soul by the blood of Your Son. You see Your only Son’s perfect sacrifice splashed across the door of my life. And by that I am truly saved. Thank You for providing my salvation!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment