Friday, February 16, 2024

on my behalf


For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.
Hebrews 9:24

On my behalf Christ now appears
in heaven interceding
with His blood my covering
His righteousness is pleading
…on my behalf

For my sake Jesus rose again
my new life God’s intention
now forgiven I will know
my own resurrection
…for my sake

In my place Jesus bore my sin
dying on that cruel cross
bearing my sin, my sorrow, my guilt and shame
and suffering all my loss
…in my place

For my debt my Savior bore
a cross up Calvary
and in my stead He took the nails
that were meant for me
…for my debt

In His steps I will follow
loving, dying, living, victorious Lord
His voice directs me, His hands lead me
I follow truth by His Word
…in His steps

No comments:

Post a Comment