Thursday, February 15, 2024

my living Priest


Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 7:25

Three things that only Jesus does for me… things that bring my soul great peace right now… are found in this verse. They are in my life, fully to be appreciated, right now.

Jesus saves me. To be saved is to be rescued from a threat or peril. This is the case for me. Jesus saves me from the reality of eternal hell. He saves me from the finality of death. He saves me from the control of sin and the kingdom of Satan. My life is no longer in peril but instead is destined for His glorious use and eternal pleasure!

Jesus lives for me. He is alive right now and has His focus on those whom He has saved. His people are His present ministry. Jesus cares for me actively… right now… even as I write down these thoughts. At this very moment He is always for me, with me, and living for my benefit. This is my present reality!

Jesus intercedes for me. Jesus speaks on my behalf before the Father. He is my Great High Priest. By virtue of His sacrifice I find ALL my sin forgiven, ALL His righteousness applied to my sinful soul, and ALL His efforts in current intercession for me and for all who believe the gospel. My living God is actively interested in every minute of every day of my life. My every moment has Jesus’ work in it!

Lord Jesus,
I praise You, my living Lord, my Savior, my Great High Priest, and my God! I confess my sins made me unworthy of such care from You, but by faith, Your sacrifice covers it all and now I am seen clothed in all Your beautiful righteousness. I thank You for Your present saving, living, interceding work on my behalf. I am humbled and blessed. Please help me live like one made holy by the work of my living, perfect priest!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment