Monday, February 12, 2024

affliction’s fruit


I am the man who has seen affliction…
Lamentations 3:1a

Sitting at her bedside
I watched her fade away
knowing there was nothing
I could do or say to change that day

I held her hand
with tears I would pray
until at last heaven’s breezes
took her away

Placed in my heart
affliction’s seed sown
my soul reeling
God giving what I needed then to own

And time went by
with sorrow and a sigh
my prayers God heard
my strength His Word

Standing at his graveside
traumatized mourners wept
yet there was something 
secretly peaceful that I kept

You spoke to hearts as
I shared in grief
I held their hands
begged them to believe

Even affliction can be good
when known in the love of a caring God
Who waters the seed with our own tears
and rescues us from all our fears

From my grief
     To His peace
          To shared belief
               To find relief

No comments:

Post a Comment