Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Discipline


And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?
“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
nor be weary when reproved by him.
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”
Hebrews 12:5-6

The path got hard
but I’m Your son.
I can endure
this discipline.

The day is long
and never done.
I’ll travel with
Your discipline.

I rest my head on
pillow of stone;
wrestle the angel
in Your discipline.

I see Your hand,
my caring One,
providing grace
in Your discipline.

Trusting Your Word
I journey on,
looking to Your home
with discipline.

With high regard
for what You’ve done
I will rejoice 
in discipline.

Lord, You love me,
make me Your son;
You train in love
and discipline.

My soul will sing
as I journey upon
this pilgrim road
of discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment