Friday, September 20, 2019

praise from the earth


Praise the Lord from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all deeps,
fire and hail, snow and mist,
stormy wind fulfilling his word!
Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
Beasts and all livestock,
creeping things and flying birds!
Psalm 148:7-10

I enjoy listening to this orchestra of praise described in this psalm. It walks through all the wonderful design and beautiful life that God has put upon His earth. And all of the environment and all of its occupants bring praise to their Maker. The beauty of this world calls out to the majesty of God. And one only needs to get just a little wild to soak in this song and join in.

As I meditate on this psalm, sunrise is hitting the foothills of the front range of the Rocky Mountains right before my eyes. The golden hues on the forested rolling range draw my thoughts to praise my Creator. 

God,
Thank You for the life I have and the majesty that calls my soul to the strength and comfort of knowing You. As I view the majesty in front of me, I worship. The creation is not my focus... it points to You. And in You, Lord Jesus, all things come together for Your glory as the apex of all that God has made and done for me. I am thankful my soul can rest in You as I contemplate this world You have made!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment