Monday, September 23, 2019

It’s going to be worth it.


Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
Luke 12:37

This is the promise that Jesus makes to those who will live seriously with the gospel and be ready for His return. We are called to work and watch, and to know that faithful gospel service will find us rewarded. The Master returns to serve us in giving reward. But first we must serve faithfully, even as the day turns to night, we must be ready all through the night. We must not forget that we steward our lives for the returning Master and Savior.

I love that Jesus turns the table on the expectation for His return. He returns so that He might reward those who awaited His appearance. Jesus becomes a servant to those committed to serving Him. He should have a feast in His honor, but instead He throws the feast in honor of those faithful to Him. It will be worth it all on that day!

I will continue to live for this blessing. As a servant of Jesus Christ, I have the best job in the world, and I await His return. I hope to give a good account to Him, having brought the gospel to the forefront in my conversations, my convictions, and my carrying on of my life. I want to see the joy on Jesus’ face as he finds me awake in His work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment