Tuesday, September 3, 2019

hope, joy, and crown

For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? For you are our glory and joy.
I Thessalonians 2:19-20

Each new morning the pink dawn promises the reward of a new day. And it reminds us that one day, a new day will dawn upon the earth where Jesus will rule as King of Kings and Lord of Lords! At His appearing, Christians will rejoice. And the world system of human designs and Satanic influence will have no more rule over us. It will all be about Jesus in that new glorious light!

Paul expected that day as he encouraged the Thessalonian church. And he knew that on that day he would account to the Lord for them. He was pleased to have them on his report! He knew that Jesus was pleased with the maturity and endurance of a church that had suffered much persecution even as they followed Paul’s apostolic charge to walk in a manner worthy of God Who called them into His own kingdom and glory (1 Thessalonians 2:12).

And I hope that my life will be encouraging to others who have invested in my Christian walk. I want to bring hope, joy, and a “crown of boasting” to all who have discipled me. Some of those men and women are with Jesus right now. Those who are alive I hope will rejoice with me in Jesus daily over what God has done and is doing with us.

I know personally that investing in the spiritual growth of the people of God is very fulfilling, because disciples making disciples is the church’s only mission. It is joyful, even as it is hard to do. Seeing people follow Jesus is my greatest joy. Helping them do this hard work of gospel change is mutually rewarding... even as I find it hard to change to be like Jesus as well. I hope to stand before Jesus on His dawning rule with many others who will be my hope, joy, and crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment