Tuesday, September 17, 2019

a song in the world


All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord,
and all your saints shall bless you!
They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom
and tell of your power,
Psalm 145:10-11

God deserves our relentless praise for all His great work for us. All creation sings His praises and only the spiritually blinded are truly dead to that realization. I am blessed to be sitting in a mountain cabin as I write this, having already been treated to birdsong in the mountain breeze as I took in a spectacular sunrise. Mule deer walk through the front yard. Chipmunks race with frenetic hunger from trunk to rock to hiding place. A raven croaks his hoarse off-kilter song as doves warble and coo in the pines. All of it a symphony to their Creator.

But this isn’t just a living National Geographic moment. It is a picture of a greater glory... of a kingdom yet to come with songs unbroken in praise, untainted by sin, and unrestrained by a cursed system that is now groaning out its song as it waits for a new heavens and a new earth to be remade.

Today I will walk along forest trails and streamside paths, listening all the more to the song of praise to God. I will let that music pull my soul into the worship. I will place my hope in the God Who sent His Son to redeem me, and this cursed world. I will feel His warmth in the sunshine, and smell God’s nurturing grace in the pine breeze after a mountain shower. And I will remind myself to praise and proclaim my Lord, so as others find life in Christ, they will know the joy of seeing His world as He made it... to sing His great glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment