Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Your Word Stands

Forever, O LORD, your word
is firmly fixed in the heavens.
Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
By your appointment they stand this day,
for all things are your servants.
Psalm 119:89-91

Forever, O Lord, Your Word stands
firmly fixed by Your powerful hands
like stars and planets fixed in space
nothing will Your Word erase

A faithful God stands for me
like rhythmic tides across the sea
Your faithful love in ebb and flow
will strengthen me and fill this soul

Your faithfulness endures each day
new generations know that You will save
just as the earth never moves
without billions thriving by Your love

Solid ground under my feet
this brand new day I rise and greet
welcome stability beneath me stays
and so I offer grateful praise

You appoint galaxies and atoms too
all things small and great must obey You
Your bidding is done in all I see
so I too must Your servant be

Use what’s left, this life Your tool
to think it mine is the whimsy of a fool
what happens now is always Your will
You are my wisdom, strength, security still

No comments:

Post a Comment