Wednesday, May 24, 2023

the source of life and blessings

You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD!
He is their help and their shield.
Psalm 115:11

The 115th Psalm is a reminder of what is the true source of life and blessings: The steadfast love and faithfulness of God (Psalm 115:1). It is shown to us in these ways…
  • God does all that He pleases (Ps. 115:2-3).
  • God shows idolatry to be impotent (Ps. 115:4-8).
  • God helps His people in need AND shields them from trouble (Ps. 115:9-11).
  • God blesses ALL who are His regardless of social status (Ps. 115:12-13).
  • God blesses individual families and households (Ps. 115:14-15).
  • God gives us this life and this earth to leverage in service and praise of Him forever (Ps. 115:16-18).
O God of might and power,
You do as You please in this world, in all circumstances, in my life. Do with me in Your care or through my crisis to perform all Your good work, I pray. Rattle, rock, and shatter my idols until I abandon their impotent seductions for Your powerful redeeming grace. See my need and awaken me to my world’s need as You shield Your people from death and potential destruction. Raise up Your people, small and great, poor and rich, struggling and stable, to make You known in this world, right now, so that Your kingdom comes, Your will is done on earth! Keep my family safe. Mend us. Comfort us. Call us to unite in Your powerful love so that the gospel can redeem ALL our lives into one family forever again. Lord, my life as it is right now is Your beautiful gift and before death silences my tongue in the world around me, Help me make You known as much as I can until You take my hand and guide me to eternal dwellings. May Your people bless Your great name, now and for the eternal ages! Praise the Lord!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment