Tuesday, May 16, 2023

when my heart fails me (Psalm 40)


As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain
your mercy from me;
your steadfast love and your faithfulness will
ever preserve me!
Psalm 40:11

Overcome by Your goodness
     I fall down
     broken in my experiences
     broken in my sinfulness
     broken by my guilt
     broken in all my loss

Confessing iniquities
     I call out
     overtaken by my sin
     overtaken by my schemes
     overtaken by my imaginative idolatry
     overtaken by my love of a false god

Overflowing mercies
     fill my soul
     spilled out on Your cross
     spilled out in Your tender care
     spilled over from Your love
     spilled into my parched and weary soul

Declaring Your praises
     I worship You
     overflowing appreciation
     overflowing gratitude
     overflowing thanksgiving
     overflowing joy

Illumined by Your grace
     I now see
     You are pleased with Jesus
     You are pleased in my repentance
     You are pleased with my little faith
     You are pleased to make me Your child

Restored by My Deliverer
     I am now aware
     knowing I am always poor and needy
     knowing You always take thought of me
     knowing You will never delay
     knowing I delight to do Your will, O my God!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment