Thursday, May 25, 2023

my heart’s desire


Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

Oh how I long for my soul
to seek all my delight
living in Your light
to keep me clear, safe, and whole

Yet there is so much, Lord
that gets in the way
of what You say
I forget to keep Your Word

In You Lord I long to live
so to You I go
Your truth to know
and Your faithful care You give

My heart desires above all — YOU!
So when my feet slip and fail
Your faithfulness will still prevail
You rescue me because You are true

In this season, muddy my desires may be
Lord, cleanse my thinking in Your law
so that I can again be in worshipful awe
of the path You have planned for me

Feelings can be too strong
I trust You, Lord, instead
re-orient my confused head
to want what You wanted all along

My heart’s desire: to walk with You
to share that walk
with others to talk
to pour my heart in love into people too

My heart will not thrive alone
You have given me a heart to care
You have given me desires to share
and I submit them before Your throne

My God, I delight in You
I am Yours. Please nourish what You have grown
and surrounded by grace not my own
I will do what You lead me, in love, to do



No comments:

Post a Comment