Monday, May 15, 2023

a person of integrity


But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity;
redeem me, and be gracious to me.
My foot stands on level ground;
in the great assembly I will bless the LORD.
Psalm 26:11-12

Without integrity, we have nothing. Without God’s redeeming grace, we have no source for our integrity. And that is what David knew when he penned Psalm 26. He knew that to be pleasing to God, he must be redeemed by a God Who in grace provided the means for him to have integrity.

David knew he would not slip if he stood on the level ground of God’s grace. And so he committed to praise His Lord in the assembly of the saints. He would lean in to a God, Who by the offering of sacrifice at the alter, atoned in grace the sins of His people so that in turn they could walk honestly in  faith and obedience before Him. Even the atoning work at the altar in the holy place was a work of grace, bringing people to God in love.

Hear my prayer Lord,
As for me, I desire to walk with integrity before You and all who are onlookers to the life you have given me. My only hope of righteousness is redemption in Jesus Christ. God, be merciful to me a sinner, for truly I am one! I am broken. I am selfish. I am warped with a selfish gaze that can feign righteousness but is inwardly still wicked. I am incapable of integrity without You! And so, like David, I claim the blood of The Sacrifice, Jesus Christ, as Your redemptive work in me. May Your grace alone immerse me in a righteousness that is not my own. Be gracious to me, O my God!

I can now stand on level ground. Make me more like Jesus. Keep my intentions Yours, Lord Jesus! And You can keep me from stumbling as You raise me up. I will bless You in the great assembly in gathered worship with Your church. I will walk forward with Your gift of integrity and with songs of praise in my heart!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment