Thursday, June 23, 2016

In Jesus, I get so much more than I give.

 
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans 15:13

By faith I trust in Jesus. He lived and taught me how to live. He died and took away death's sting. He rose again to remake my life. He is my Savior. He died for my sins and rose again the third day to live to intercede for me. He understands my weaknesses and loves me intensely anyway. I believe Jesus. I know that God has saved me by Him and I trust in that.

In that belief I find joy and peace. Joy cannot be had any other way. For all the things and activities of this life that are fun or refreshing, none come close to the joy of sins forgiven and eternal life in Jesus. In fact, it is the joy of this eternal truth that give any earthly joys true, lasting meaning.

Believing Jesus brings me peace. I can rest assured my worst sinful failures are covered on the cross by His atonement. I can know peace with God and find that Jesus brings peace to me with His love. This peace helps me seek peace with other people.

And Jesus brings with His joy and peace an assured, confident hope. Hope is not wishful thinking. I KNOW I will be with Jesus forever. I KNOW He will display His glory in my life right now. That is a real and undeniable hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment