Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I am a steward.

 
Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful.
1 Corinthians 4:2

In this clear, indicative observation is found a vital Christian principle important for living for Jesus: God asks me to be a steward of all that He gives me in this life and I must manage all of it faithfully. I believe that everything that constitutes my life fits this call to stewardship. This includes all my material goods, but even more, all my relationships. It includes my family, my health, my home, and my heart. Nothing in my life escapes the call to wisely steward God's gifts to me.

There is a grace that must attend this awareness. If every event and substance of my life is a gift from God, then I must receive them, recognizing that I am a forgiven sinner graced with all I have. And as an eternally grateful forgiven sinner who is now God's child, I take good care of the precious gifts that God has given me: my health, my struggles and trials, my family, the people around me, my church, my income, my home and possessions, etc, are no longer in any sense "mine"... they are God's gifts entrusted to me for His glory.

Oh may I be found faithful, dear Lord, with all You have given to me!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment