Tuesday, June 7, 2016

lifted from the dust

 
He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap,
to make them sit with princes,
with the princes of his people.
Psalm 113:7-8

God is so good! His grace lifts us up. And all Christians live in the reality of what this psalm celebrates. Before we came to Christ we were beyond poor and needy. We were lost and dead in our sin. But faith in Christ's work on the cross for us has lifted us up from the ash heap of life. God has given us new life, and much more than we deserve. Just like the paupers who sit with princes in this song, so now we enjoy life not only by Jesus, but with and for King Jesus!

From ashes to the King's table... that's how far I have come. Grace has made my life all that it is. The grace of God abounds to me, the worst of sinners, so that I may live in the King's palace, now and forever.

Lord,
I am again in awe of Your saving grace. And I am aware of how much You have done for me and given me and just how undeserving I am of Your riches in Jesus. Thank You, Lord. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment