Monday, June 27, 2016

fighting the fear of man

 
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.
Psalm 118:8-9

There are some cleansing tears coming to me as I read this passage today. And this reminder combats the fear of man wherever it may show itself in me. I like to think I am generally NOT a people pleaser, but when the truth is known, having people around me that are happy can often speak louder than trusting in God. It can affect how I work, how I serve in ministry, even how I lead my home.

It is better to trust God rather than man, even when doing so results in hardship. It is worship and obedience to trust that honoring God's truth, even at the cost of relationships on this earth, will be a greater thing. It is the best thing always to obey God, trusting Him rather than men.

It is much better to trust God for the daily bread of my life than to worry about this world's ways of meeting my needs. God will take care of me irregardless of a bad economy, despite the political climate, beyond the ways any employer my treat me, and beyond the actions of any other people with power over my circumstances. I will trust then in the Lord, rather than in the ways of human relationships alone. God, You have my heart and my trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment