Thursday, February 24, 2022

my prayer, my promise


Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
Psalm 119:27

I open this Bible
a book I’ve been reading for half a century
clearly dear to me
would You show to me
Lord, what I need to see

In the pages of scripture
I want to see You
and keep coming to know You
and what is always true
as I follow You

Your words bring a reading prayer
asking You to help me know
what You wish to show
so that I can go
to this world with truth and grow

As I think on Your words
my soul to worship turns
and inner fire now burns
as my heart fully yearns
to live out all it learns

I think about Your truth
and You Spirit illuminates
as I calmly meditate
on promises overwhelmingly great
discovered as I investigate

What’s more.. what You say You do
showing me how to really live
in the amazing grace You give
I am blessed in what I have
as in Your Word I believe

This Bible shows wondrous works
My God is on the move today
in my life and in my day
in gratefulness I say
“Help me understand and love Your way”.

No comments:

Post a Comment