Tuesday, February 15, 2022

both small and great

he will bless those who fear the LORD,
both the small and the great.
Psalm 115:13

God does not see humanity the way we see ourselves. We easily divide by class, income, fame, power, and race. God will have none of that. He isn’t wowed by riches or celebrity status. He doesn’t bless only beautiful people and turn away from the commoners. He really only looks at one criteria: worship - what the text here in Psalm 115:13 calls “fearing the Lord”.  This is a life worship that loves God, obeys Him, seeks Him, and honors Him. No matter who you are, no matter where you live, no matter what you do in your life, God wants to bless you if you fear Him in this way.

I think about my fellow worshippers throughout the week. I have Christian friends who worship in my congregation gathered with me on Sundays. I have Christian friends who gather in other congregations. God loves them all equally. From the elderly who make their way to worship with canes or wheelchairs, to the youngest child holding the hand of a parent, God wants their worship. He loves them. He blesses them as they bless His great name.

Lord,
Help me to see around me how You are not a respecter of persons. You bless all who fear You, small and great. Give me a heart like yours, equally gracious to all those around me. Jesus, help me love all, small and great, like You do. You gave Yourself for everyone. May that love fill me to broaden my view of all people.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment