Wednesday, June 26, 2019

worship now and forever


But we will bless the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 115:18

Worship is what my heart was made to do. I am always worshiping, the question is: Am I praising the Lord when I do? I was created always worshiping, always adoring, always longing for something greater, always looking to something or Someone transcendent for my fulfillment. But my heart does not always worship God. I can be an idolater.... all too easily. That is a foolish part of human nature and you can see the folly of it in the description in Psalm 115:4-8. It is foolishness to be worshiping anything that is not God.

I must consciously resist my heart’s longing for improper worship. I must repent when I want things, or other people, or my own desires to give to me what I can only truly have in Jesus. I must turn from my idols to serve the loving God! And when I do, my course is set free in glorious worship forever. I will bless the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! I will praise Him at my morning time in His Word. I will worship Him as I work. I will rejoice in Him in the joys and pleasures of life that He showers upon me, feeling His love and finding my pleasure in His delight in me with those good gifts of life! I will wander woods, lakes, rivers, mountains, canyons, and valleys knowing the God Who made them has given me the joy of being with Him in all places. I will go through dark times, tough climbs, painful lessons submitting to His loving care in worship. I will bless the Lord as I worship with His saints, submitting to His Word, being led by His Spirit, and obeying the call to let His gospel be known. I was born to worship the Lord and it is what I do.

Lord Jesus,
May my praise-filled heart worship You. Thank You for this call to worship this morning. I will bless Your great name now and forevermore. Thank You for ALL Your blessings in the possession of my good gifts from Your hand! I praise You. I worship You. I confess my heart does wander to useless idols. And in repentance I return. You are my only true praise forevermore!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment