Friday, June 28, 2019

get in step


If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.
Galatians 5:25

This simple verse calls me to an entire lifestyle. It encourages me as I hear the Word of God, belonging to the Son of God (Galatians 5:24), to live by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is supposed to lead my life, set my pace, show my way, and be my life. He does this through leading me to apply the fruit of the Spirit in my character and actions. He calls and convicts me to put to death what is wrong and to live in what is right. These are active things: putting to death, and walking in the Spirit. I don’t just sit and wait. I am convinced and then obey.

And keeping in step with the Spirit begins right now. Every time I am in scripture, the active and powerful Word of God can be put into use in my life through the Spirit of God. He shows me the way. I walk in line after Him. And in this way the Lord will lead me... day after day... all for His glory.

To live by the Spirit is to then visibly and radically obey the Word of God as clear instruction comes to me. It is lived out, not just filed away. A Christian life is not hidden, but known, as the Spirit of God walks Christians through holiness and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment