Friday, June 21, 2019

God provides and remembers.


He provides food for those who fear him;
he remembers his covenant forever.
Psalm 111:5

From the most basic of my needs, to the most important eternal purpose for this world, God is completely gracious. I write these words as a rainstorm waters the earth here in east Kansas. God is providing, through the power and the beauty of the storm, what we need. I will finish up my time reflecting on this truth, and start my day. A hearty breakfast in next on my Friday agenda. God provided the means and the menu for me to enjoy. His provision is constant. I’ve never known homelessness, or extreme hunger, or crushing poverty that could not meet my needs. God provides.

God also remembers in love. His finest and first provision of care was given to me by Jesus when He died and rose so that my sins would be paid, my eternal life secured, and my life transformed by His grace. I praise Him for this great love for me! Forever in Christ I am remembered in gracious love!

Lord,
I thank You that both now with my daily bread, and forever, in the Bread of Life through Jesus, I am loved and remembered by You. I do not deserve this, for I am a sinner. But by trusting Christ Who is my righteousness, all this is given by extreme, generous, undeserved grace! You are committed to me forever and I am worshipful now and forever.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment