Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Jesus is everything.


He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
Romans 8:32

Jesus is proof that God is for us (Romans 8:31). Jesus is why Christians are not under condemnation by the wrath of God (Romans 8:1). Jesus is why we are now led by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9). Jesus is the hope of resurrection and eternal life (Romans 8:9). Jesus is the reason we are now children of God and heirs with Christ (Romans 8:14-17). Jesus is the reason we can suffer in the hope of future glory (Romans 8:18). And nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:35)!

We have all we need in Jesus. And God willingly gave up His Son on the cross so that we all might with Him live as sons and daughters together in Christ. God is for us! We only need to look to the cross and then to the empty tomb to know this fact. And when we believe this, new lives and full lives are completely ours. And there is a blessedness in prizing only Jesus above all else. We have everything, possessing nothing of this world but treasuring everything in Jesus.

The last two verses of an old hymn personalize this treasure:
Jesus is all the world to me,
  And true to Him I’ll be.
Oh, how could I this Friend deny
  When He’s so true to me?
Following Him I know I’m right;
He watches o’er me day and night.
Following Him by day and night,
  He’s my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me,
  I want no better friend.
I trust Him now; I’ll trust Him when
  Life’s fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend;
Beautiful life that has no end!
Eternal life, eternal joy,
  He’s my Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment