Thursday, April 25, 2019

foolish and weak


For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:25

God is not foolish, neither is He weak. But the world deems the message of salvation by the cross of Christ to be foolish, and it thinks those who believe it are weak. But take heart, Christian... your detractors are wrong. Because the gospel is wiser than men’s wisdom, and the power of salvation by Jesus is stronger than men’s strength, we can confidently trust in Jesus. We can proclaim the gospel, believe the gospel, trust the gospel, and stay strong in the gospel because it is the power of God for salvation to all who believe!

It is inevitable that Christians will be judged foolish by an arrogant world offended by the cross. We will be thought of as weak by those who only know the enslaving power of the flesh. Let them say what they will about us. God is wiser. God is all powerful. God in mercy is redeeming many entrapped by that same thinking every day. Nothing will stand against what He is doing through the redemptive majesty of Jesus! To the world, I will be a Jesus fool... gladly! Let them see me as weak, for Jesus is strength without measure and I know it.

Jesus,
I trust in Your saving, redeeming work. You have made me new. You have given me Your Word for wisdom and Your Spirit and power for strength. I know this. I trust this. I will believe this no matter what those who don’t know You may say. You are wiser than all human wisdom and stronger than any other power in my world.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment