Thursday, April 18, 2019

I am poor and needy.


But I am poor and needy;
hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O Lord, do not delay!
Psalm 70:5

O Lord,
May this always be the status of my soul. I want to be poor so that Your provision always satisfies. I want to be joyful in Your daily bread provided for my life. I want to be glad and rejoice in You. I want to seek You as my sustenance and support. I want spirit poverty always at the front of my awareness so that Your rich grace is always my need. O Lord, keep my soul poor. Never let me be deceived into thinking I can provide what my own soul needs.

And Lord, I pray I will always feel this need. I want to crave You. I want to hunger and thirst after Your righteousness so that in Christ I may be filled. My prayer, My God, is to be always finding satisfaction in You.

I am poor and needy. You are my help and my deliverer.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment