Thursday, December 13, 2018

walking as Jesus walked

By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
1 John 2:5b-6

John’s simple, direct language calls Christians to a noble, seemingly impossible task: to look like Jesus in the world. If we say we are made alive, if we say we trust and believe in Jesus, if we claim to be His disciple, we must live like Him. We must, as John puts it, walk in the same way He walked. When people wonder how Jesus lived, they should look no further than His followers to get their answer.

I am completely inadequate for this measure. I need the Word of God to instruct me and the transformative leadership of the Holy Spirit of God to lead me to walk as Jesus walked. I want to care for people like Jesus. I want to give myself away like Him. I want to be friend to the lowly. I want to commune with the Father. I want to invest in disciples. I want to weep over Jerusalem’s lost sheep. Yet I’ve go so much change to be made to get and stay like that.

Jesus, You have to live in me, transforming my heart so I might die to my selfish desires and You might live in me. This is the only way I may walk as You walk as I journey with You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment