Monday, December 10, 2018

healed forever


He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24

The cross is the only thing that can heal my wounded soul. Jesus died for me. He bore my sins on the cross that I might be forgiven. And in that death, I must die to sin and now live to righteousness. I am only free to live differently because of what my Savior has done for me. He is my hero... forever. He is my healer... forever. He is my commander... always. He is my worship... my eternal God.

What Jesus willingly suffered for all people in bearing our sins on the cross cannot be overstated. It deals with ALL human suffering. God chose to send His Son into the world to bear the punishment of death for sin so we could be forgiven. He bore that for every little sin of every human... ever. This is immense, eternal love! And Christians will be worshiping Jesus forever because that is the scope of His love for us. His wounds heal us for eternity!

Lord Jesus,
You have healed me forever. Like generations of believers before me, I trust in You. I worship You. I find my peace in You. I never grow tired of my salvation, and I will sing of Your love forever... gladly!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment