Monday, January 1, 2018

A Psalm One Man


...for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.
Psalm 1:6

By God’s mercies, I long to be a Psalm One man. I don’t want my life marked by wicked counsel, living in a sin-filled way or comfortably seated with scoffers. I want to always delight in the Word of God, thinking on it consistently to inform my life, my relationships, my choices, and what my heart loves. 

I want to thrive by God’s waters, planted by the gracefully flowing clear, steady stream of His Word, nourished in the gospel, tended by His grace, fruitful in every good work. I want to thrive by staying close to Jesus, feasting on His grace. I want to study, know, and delight in the truth so that all that I do may be prospered by God’s good hand in obedience to His good word!

The Lord knows my way, and He knows this is my lead desire. And He also knows what He needs to cleanse still in me so that I can be this Psalm One man. And as I begin 2018, I am ready for Him to do this as I seek to know Him in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment