Friday, December 29, 2017

The Great King


For I am a great King, says the Lord of hosts, and my name will be feared among the nations.
Malachi 1:14b

I have one deep allegiance that directs every other relationship and action in my life. That allegiance is to my King. Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is my God and my King. And my heart is aligned under His rule first. That does not mean I always worship Him as I should. It is a lifelong task to serve my King and bring my thoughts and actions under His rule. But my heart loves Jesus first. And He is the great King Who rules all. He will make His will done in my life as I serve my King. And He is making His rule known among the nations.

Israel struggled in surrendering to God as King. They wanted earthly kings like the nations around them. But God’s plan was quite different. He would be their king and they would shout it to the world life under His rule. Yet they repeatedly rejected this covenant and eventually God judged their disobedience by captivity among the nations they envied until they turned again to God’s rule. He is the great King. He will be known among the nations as His people serve, love, and are blessed by Him.

Lord Jesus,
You are my great King! You are the Lord God Almighty! You rule the universe and love Your people. You give us all we need for life and godliness in the precious promises of Your Word. You died for sin, rose to defeat sin’s rule and took away death’s sting so we can know You and eternal life! I will fear and follow You, my King!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment