Thursday, March 17, 2022

Watches of the Night


My eyes are awake before the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promise.
Psalm 119:148

With a burdened heart
I cannot rest
yet I know and believe
God will do the best

If I cannot sleep
I will pray
calling out to my God
at the end of my day

Throughout the night
with open eyes
I cry to my Lord
Who hears my sighs

I pour out my heart
to the God Who is there
for I know by faith
He hears all my prayer

I seek peace when I pray
I long for His touch
to comfort my heart
that God loves so much

And I find a small echo
returns again to me
a comforting word that
I soon begin to see

God promises to hear me
He has power to save
and I believe this truth
and the answer He gave

I then trust in His promise
with all of my might
as He has called me close to Him
in the watches of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment