Monday, March 14, 2022

the wisdom of His ways


You spurn all who go astray from your statutes,
for their cunning is in vain.
Psalm 119:118

There are really only two paths to take in terms of how you will live your life. You can choose to believe God, His Word, His Son, and His saving gospel or you can choose to reject that for your own thoughts. You can live God’s way, or by you can live by some humanly devised cunning. You can choose to reject God, and He will reject you. You choose human philosophy and cunning and God’s promise is that it will NOT WORK for you.

There are real promises however for those who choose God’s way. He becomes their security (Psalm 119:114). He upholds them by His promise and they are ultimately never put to shame by the security of faith that comes from God’s unfailing word (Psalm 119:116). They are kept safe in their obedience to His statues (Psalm 119:117). A healthy respect for the judgment of God provides discernment to reject secular and sinful perspectives (Psalm 119:120).

Lord,
I’ve spent my life choosing Your truth, and although I am still learning it, I am convinced all the blessings of Your ways follow in my life. Help me live by and proclaim Your truth, loving the gospel, worshipping Jesus, pointing to abundant life in Him all my days. And may others that I know and love turn from their own cunning to love You as Lord and Your Word as life!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment