Tuesday, March 8, 2022

I hope in Your word.


My soul longs for your salvation;
I hope in your word.
Psalm 119:81

Trusting God requires real hope. And one of the clear ways to find secure hope is in the Word of God. The scriptures give true hope. The Word of God shows us the person of God and the work of God so that we may find hope in the power of God to save His people. And so we can believe. God does not ask for blind faith at all. We believe because He has revealed Himself in His Word. We can trust God, finding His Word to be trustworthy.

But in order to find this hope and live in that kind of faith, we must be consistently encouraged in God’s Word. I have found that if there is a lack of Bible intake for me, there will be a dying of faith in me. I will struggle outside of regular scriptural exposure. I will seek hope and perspective in wrong places and be disappointed and discouraged, perhaps even depressed. I need to hope in God’s Word. And so I must be constantly exposed to it in reading it, studying it, learning from scripture, putting it to the test in my own life, hiding it in my heart, hearing it preached, and finding undeniable truth principles as a fixed point for true faith that shines hope everywhere I look.

O God of hope,
I long for Your saving work. I live in and for Your salvation. I seek to know You, find Your power, and enjoy my hope as I live in Your Word.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment