Friday, March 15, 2024

This I know.


Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 9

Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, has come into this world. He Who created the universe, the earth, and all that lives upon it is the Savior of the world! God became man, took on human skin, walked among us, taught us, loved us, and was rejected by those whom He loved. His death on the cross was not a tragic loss, but it was a marvelous victory, freeing us from the curse of sin and hell. Jesus is God. Jesus is “the Christ” — the Promised Deliverer and Savior of the world. Jesus is God.

I confess this as a core of my Christian faith. I throw my soul into a confident eternity based on the facts I have known for over half a century. It is tested and true. It resides at the very center of all my life. Without Jesus as God, nothing makes sense. If He is not God I should just burn down all my life’s work and be ashamed. But I AM NOT ashamed. Jesus has proven Himself over and over again. He is God. He is good. He is loving. He is merciful. He is holy. He is just. He is Savior. He is Lord. This I confess. This I believe. This I experience first hand. This I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment