Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Spirit given


By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
1 John 4:13

This life of mine is spiritual.
There is a way I always know
that what I do and say here below
is under my God and Savior’s control:
My heart is where God’s Spirit dwells.

God lives in me, I live in Him.
I feel conviction of my sin.
I know He makes holy within
all that I surrender to Him.
Heaven’s breeze brought on a Spirit-wind.

I live in Christ. Christ lives in me.
By His Spirit now I am set free
to love and move and have my being
right now and through all eternity.
God will draw me near and live with me.

Sin no longer from my Lord has riven
since God His only Son has given.
I am made new. I am forgiven.
And I know I’m headed toward heaven
through the comfort of His Spirit given.

Lord, I praise You for this gift I receive
as in Jesus I firmly now believe.
The sorrow and brokenness You relieve
from death and hell my soul’s reprieve.
I have life beyond what I can conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment