Wednesday, March 20, 2024

One upon the throne

At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.
Revelation 4:2

Lord God,
Today You are on Your throne. You reign over all the universe. You rule over all this world. Nothing happens that does not adhere to Your sovereign decree. All of the movements of the stars follow Your direction, all of the motion of the smallest particles of matter are touched by Your fingers, all the myriad galaxies dance for Your delight, and all of the mess of mankind is firmly under Your hand to work all things for good.

I see You on Your throne as John’s revelation details You. You shine with more brilliance than the brightest lighted jewels. You are surrounded by angels and a worshiping heavenly multitude of souls who glorify Your name and cast the crowns You gave them at Your feet. People I love are there right now. The song they sing: “Worthy are You, our Lord and God to receive glory and honor and power…” (Revelation 4:11). This symphony of praise echoes in the enormity of Your throne room. I worship You now as You are enthroned on high over me.

From Your ruling throne, now, my Lord, I ask You to order my chaos, lead my life, show Your mighty arm to save, and bring glory in my worship of You today!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment