Monday, November 6, 2023

Only God is God.


“I, I am the LORD,
and besides me there is no savior.
I declared and saved and proclaimed,
when there was no strange god among you;
and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and I am God.”
Isaiah 43:11-12

God knows who He is. Do we? God is the Lord of all things. He is in control. We must submit under His rule. Will we? God is the provider of salvation. He always has been. In Jesus we have a mighty and complete Savior. Will we trust Him?

God’s Word has been declared. God has spoken the very universe by His breath. His Word sustains it all. Will we hear Him and believe Him? His Word brings saving truth to us. He speaks, He saves, He shares His good news of salvation. Will we be bearers of this great news to those around us so that the world can know that Jesus saves? There is only one Savior. There is only one hope. There is only one God. 

Only God is God. There is none other. We may be tempted to worship many other things. We make idols of His creation. These things were meant to draw us to Him and yet we will worship them. We may seek to find comfort, pleasure, fulfillment, or direction solely from other people, other places, other experiences, or other things we can touch, have or feel. But in the end we will be dissatisfied and broken if we fail to accept that only God is God.

Lord God,
Only You are God. Only Jesus is my Savior. Only You are Lord over this life. Forgive my wandering from this reality. Forgive my attempts to take control. Forgive my idolatrous worship of what You have made instead of worshiping You alone. You have declared Your Word. I believe it. You have saved me. I believe You and trust Jesus. You have proclaimed Yourself my Lord and my God. I submit in faith and trust in You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment