Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Before I Call


Before they call I will answer;
while they are yet speaking I will hear.
Isaiah 65:24

When my spirit is weary
feels like I have faced it all
God knows my burden
even before I call

He sees my trouble
He knows my need
He longs to deliver
from sin and sorrow freed

I am struggling
even to begin to pray
and His Spirit is interceding
with words I cannot say

He speaks when I can’t
silence is broken above
as He clears my confusion
with God’s unfailing love

Before I call
I am already heard
Before I pray
God answers with His Word

While I am waiting
His work is alive
When I am failing, falling
He is making me thrive

Words are flailing
faithful is His power
I feel forgotten
He is yet in this hour

Always ready
Jesus is here
Always answering
my unvoiced prayer

Jesus, I love You
my faithful friend
You will hear and care
bringing a joy-filled end

No comments:

Post a Comment