Wednesday, April 14, 2021

gospel promise


For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.
Acts 2:39

The gospel is a promise to all the world. At its very first apostolic proclamation in Peter’s Pentecost sermon, where three thousand Jerusalem visitors came to believe the gospel, Peter makes it clear that God is going global with the good news of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. The promise for eternal salvation was far-reaching.

Peter wanted all who heard his message to know that Christ’s call to them was real for them, for their kids, and for all people “far off” —- a reference to the gospel call extending into the Gentile lands. God was calling to the world to know salvation in His Son. The gospel was meant to go to the world, clearly from the first sermon invitation given by an apostle of Jesus.

Lord Jesus,
Thank You that Your love extends into ALL the world. And I pray I would keep this vision before me even as my view of the world changes. My I NEVER restrict Your love just to me or to a group I am most familiar with or to a holy handful!

May You keep calling people to Yourself! And use me as Your message bearer to do so. Keep me sensitive to ways my generation and the next generation can clearly know the gospel. And as You call men and women to saving relationship with You, band us together in a vital, loving, powerful family of believers where You are worshiped, loved, known, and proclaimed to the world as You keep calling people to Yourself!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment