Tuesday, April 27, 2021

precious blood


...how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
Hebrews 9:14

My only hope, my only way, my only strength for doing what is right is through the redeeming work of Jesus. His blood, shed willingly to cleanse from all sin, can purify me body and soul. He gave Himself for sinners so we could be purified to serve a living, holy, and loving God.

Christianity is not fixated on the cross of Christ because we are fascinated with Jesus’ gruesome, bleeding death. It is a horror... a holy horror. We are focused on the cross AND the empty tomb because in them we have complete forgiveness, access in freedom to God, and eternal life. What Jesus has done for us by His blood, He has done for us, once for all... forever! We are right to be singularly amazed and gospel centered. God’s love is centered forever on that cross.

There is a fountain filled with blood
Drawn from Immanuel’s veins
And sinners plunged beneath that flood
Lose all their guilty stains

The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in his day
And there may I, though vile as he
Wash all my sins away

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power
Till all the ransomed church of God
Be saved to sin no more

E’er since by faith I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply
Redeeming love has been my theme
And shall be till I die

When this poor lisping, stammering tongue
Lies silent in the grave
Then in a nobler, sweeter song
I’ll sing Thy power to save

No comments:

Post a Comment