Thursday, March 12, 2020

with great relationship comes great responsibility


You only have I known
of all the families of the earth;
therefore I will punish you
for all your iniquities.
Amos 3:2

This is a harsh statement for a reason. Israel was God’s chosen people, set apart by Him to show His glory to the nations and to call the world to know God. But they did not keep this covenant. Though blessed by God, they turned from God to serve idols. They did not show the world what life was to be like in God’s family.

So, although the were in a unique relationship, they suffered very severe judgment. God would make Himself known in judgment even as they failed to make Him know in relationship. It is a serious thing to be God’s people.

And as a Christian, I am called to live as a child of God in Christ. I display my family likeness. Should I turn from this and deliberately hide my family resemblance, or be embarrassed of it, I would be in danger of my Father’s discipline. With great relationship comes great responsibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment