Wednesday, March 4, 2020

life in Christ


By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
John 15:8

Bearing fruit can only come in union with Christ. I can glorify the Father because I am living in the Son. And that is how I prove to be His follower. Disciples are vitally connected to the Master. They are blessed in that relationship, yielding the fruit of further blessing to others.

Jesus is the vine, the source of our life and sustainer of our efforts. We are branches vitally joined to Him (see John 15:4-5). Without the saving life of Christ that lives in us as we are in union with Him, we have no life. It is really then the life of Jesus that lives in Christians.

Lord Jesus,
I am in You. You are my life. I am called to let Your life bear fruit in my life. Keep me close, give me life, help me to show Your life and be Your disciple.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment