Monday, March 9, 2020

personal work of the Holy Spirit


But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
John 15:26

The Holy Spirit, sent from the Father, helps us understand, appreciate, obey, and know Jesus. That is what this text means when Jesus said “he will bear witness about me.” Making Jesus known to us is the Holy Spirit’s work. When I am drawn to know and appreciate Jesus, when I feel it deep inside, I know that God’s Spirit is at work in me.

This is an amazing work of God, to have the very Spirit of God Who hovered over all creation at the beginning now intimately at work in my heart! And every thought I have of loving Jesus is a work of God’s Spirit within me. Every moment of gospel clarity is a gift of God by the work of His Holy Spirit.

Father,
I thank You for the gift of Your Holy Spirit Who testifies to the truth of Your Son in my heart every day. In this way I am intimately aware of the Trinity. Your Spirit shows me Your Son so that I might please my Father in heaven!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment