Monday, March 23, 2020

...wait for it...


But as for me, I will look to the LORD;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
my God will hear me.
Micah 7:7

Everything was uncertain except upheaval. That’s the circumstance in which Micah the prophet wrote these words of trust. God had decreed severe judgment upon Judah and Israel for their disregard of the covenant. Families would be uprooted, people would die, and cities would be burned to desolation.

Yet Micah would wait and trust because God promised His people that a surviving remnant would be faithfully restored. Micah knew that they must willingly bear the revealed punishment for which they were guilty, knowing God would also bring vindication and restored hope to them. Faith accepted the times as the plan of a wise and just God. Faith trusted that salvation too would arrive from God’s hand in His promise.

And so, now, in uncertain times I will trust God. I am NOT SAYING that I know this current crisis is God’s judgment. I AM SAYING it is a painful process to endure, and God has a purpose in it, like He does for every experience of life. Christianity has weathered all sorts of societal upheavals. This isn’t the first time the gospel has been our hope in a crisis! And so I cling to the cross, trust a Savior Who is victorious over death, and believe in the wisdom of God Who does not find a viral pandemic to be a surprise, but in grace is in control of all things for His glory and for the good of those who love Him! He has always called us to wait for the God of our salvation. And He will hear us!

No comments:

Post a Comment