Tuesday, February 18, 2020

what and why


Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4

Through the saving work of Jesus and the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, the believer is empowered to overcome all that is against Christ. In the context, John admonishes us to apply tests of sound doctrine to all that we hear and see, the first and foremost test being the deity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This truth overcomes all lies. And it is Jesus and the Holy Spirit within us that is greater than any other philosophy, mode of living, or fad that currently rules the world.

With that in mind, I remind myself today of what and why I believe. What I believe is that Jesus is the solution to the world’s biggest problem: that sin rules in the hearts of people. And only trusting Christ’s death and resurrection will end the rule of sin on hearts. Why I believe it is both personal and practical. I can’t deal with my sin on my own. Jesus is the Savior that I know I need. And the peace I have found in Him is life-giving and lovely. It keeps me believing in hard times and in happy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment