Monday, February 17, 2020

following this command


And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
1 John 3:23

I want to live every one of my days following what this verse commands of me to love my Savior, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and to love other people as Christ does. I need this love. The world needs this love and always has. Imagine what joy could be known if everyone believed in, loved, and obeyed Jesus in this way. Imagine if we all truly loved neighbors as ourselves. There is a beauty and wisdom in this vision for humanity and it comes from Jesus Himself.

Of course, human sinfulness complicates this, which is why it is impossible to love others well without loving and obeying Jesus through belief in the gospel first. But if Jesus is my Savior, then all other people are to me those whom Jesus loves equally as well. The gospel is the way to obey this command.

Jesus,
I believe You are my Savior. I have trusted You for eternal salvation and I know You are calling me to love and follow You. It is a daily faith adventure to trust You in this way. I also know You call me to share Your love in my world. Help me to care for others as You do. I want to love others as You love me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment