Monday, February 10, 2020

Good Shepherd


I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:11

Jesus, You are the good shepherd Who has given His life for His flock. And I am one for whom You have laid down Your life. Thank You for bringing me into Your fold. I could not earn this. I did not deserve it. I was a lost sheep wandering away from You. Yet You have sought me and saved me.

And I am not the only one. I belong in a community of those for whom the Great Shepherd has given Himself. And I am thrilled to know the love of a Savior Who loves us all in this way. You sought us. You saved us. You lead us.

By your gracious mercies, You call me to be an under shepherd. I did not earn this. I do not deserve it. But just as I follow You, I can help lead others to do the same. I am the former lost wanderer who can help find other wanderers and bring them home. I can appreciate Your loving Shepherd’s care with all my heart. I can worship with the flock and rejoice in the love of the Good Shepherd. And so I will... today, and through all my life.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment