Thursday, February 20, 2020

exclusive life only in Christ


And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12

The New Testament is very direct. There is no pluralistic solution to the issue of eternal life. There are not many paths to God. The only way to find eternal salvation is through Jesus. God only gave us eternal life through the Son. Those who have believed the gospel of Jesus Christ have this life. Those who do not believe it simply cannot have eternal life.

Yes, the Christian message is distinctive and exclusive. There is only one way to salvation... one way to eternal life... one way to heaven. And believing and knowing Jesus through the gospel, trusting in His saving work by His death and resurrection, is the only way of salvation. I can’t be good enough to save myself. I can’t be at peace with God, or myself, or the universe, by some kind of mental focus, meditation, or release of bad karma. I can only be saved by Jesus.

I am drawn to apply this truth in two ways: First in thankfulness, secondly in proclamation. I am beyond grateful that Jesus is my only eternal salvation. And it means so much that the gospel message informed my life at an early age. It has kept me from many heartaches. And this good news should flow through me regularly. I should tell others what Jesus has done. I am saved by the gospel. I am not ashamed of the gospel. I will share this blessing with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment