Friday, January 3, 2020

why I believe


Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9

Christians love Jesus, whom they have never seen, trusting Him with all the important and most vital parts of all their lives. Christians talk to Jesus, whose voice they have never heard with their ears, trusting He has spoken abundantly, with authority, in His Word. They follow the directives of One they have never seen with their eyes, although their lives are filled with the abundant visible change He has brought.

The result of loving, hearing, seeing, and believing by faith in Jesus is an outlandish, inexplicable, and multi-faceted joy. The pleasure of knowing Jesus is worth all the unusual ways we are called to trust Jesus as our faith is stretched. The contentment known in Him, the peace of God ruling lives, the rejoicing in hope... all are huge rewards and the very best outcome in Christian faith.

Jesus,
I love You although I can only envision You. I believe in You because Your words ring across the millennia jumping across the pages of scripture to command my heart, change my life, and redeem my sinful soul. And I am obtaining the outcome of this faith with confidence that I will always be Yours for eternity, soon to see, hear, know, and be loved by You forever!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment